Wednesday 19 September 2012

Plans for the New Year

Dear Chaverim (friends). Rosh HaShanah has always been an important spiritual reference point for me and this year was no exception. It is a time for reflection, rededication and sharing my hopes and dreams with Hashem. It is my heart's desire that we will eventually have a network of Gay-friendly Messianic Communities and Synagogues around the world. And over the past year I have had a number of enquiries from around the world as to whether there are any GLBT Messianic Groups which meet up regularly on Shabbat.

Yesterday, I received an email from a brother in Florida. He and his partner are gay Messianic believers and they too would like to set up a Messianic Synagogue for Jewish and Gentile believers in Messiah (isn't that fantastic?). I have also received similar messages from New York and Atlanta (Georgia). But it's not going to happen by itself - we are endowed by HaShem with unbelievable creative abilities and we can make it happen!

We would dearly like to start a group in London, UK. Perhaps we could meet once a quarter to begin with for a Shabbat Worship Service and communal meal? If this is something you are interested in, please write to me at avigdor.kuhn@gmail.com

Oh and one final, but very important point: You don't have to be gay, lesbian, bi-or trans-sexual to fellowship with us! We have no desire whatsoever to create an exclusive LGBT Messianic Fellowship. All we desire is to worship our King and Saviour Yeshua in peace and harmony with each other.

1 comment:

  1. If it's a facebook page,I would definitely "like" this! :)

    Count me in. I will write to your e-mail further. I hope this will happen very soon as I truly desire a community where I can share my faith and my struggle

    Yv

    ReplyDelete